The National Trust for Jersey is an independent and charitable organisation dedicated to preserving and safeguarding sites of historic, aesthetic and natural interest for the benefit of Jersey. Established in 1936, the Trust is now the island's largest private land-owner, caring for over 130 sites.

Within that number are a variety of historic buildings, including five farms, four cottages, two watermills and various historic military buildings. However, the majority of the Trust's sites are areas of land, forming an integral part of the island's natural environment and encompassing a rich variety of habitats such as woodland, farmland, heath-land, meadows and wetland. The Trust currently employs 14 full time staff and 2 part-time staff. Staff members are responsible for key aspects of the day to day management of the Trust. To accommodate the various roles of the Trust the staff is split into several different departments: Properties, Land, Office and Education. 

Being a local self-funding charity and totally independent of the States of Jersey, the National Trust for Jersey is heavily reliant on donations and bequests for the funding of its essential programme of repair works and regular maintenance. An important part of the Trust’s income is derived also from the rental of its properties, which unfortunately results in limited public access to many of its buildings. However, one can visit three historic buildings during the summer and, except for sensitive conservation areas, all Trust lands are accessible freely, providing a valuable opportunity for people to enjoy and appreciate Jersey’s countryside.