Birding in Paradise: Montserrat
This guide booklet on bird-watching, other natural and historical heritage features in Montserrat was published by UKOTCF in association with its partner, the Montserrat National Trust, in October 2015.
We have been helping governmental and non-governmental conservation organisations on Montserrat for 20 years, and the book authors have been involved personally throughout this period. This booklet describes where to go birding on Montserrat and where to view some of the other heritage features. The book has over 90 pages, with full colour maps and photos) contains:
- Forewords by the Honorable Minister Claude Hogan and the Director of the Monserrat National Trust Mrs Sarita Francis OBE.
- Note about supporting conservation of the natural and cultural heritage.
- Introduction about the purpose and nature of the booklet.
- Practical information about getting there, facilities other sources of information etc.
- Heritage and wildlife tours around various parts of the island, in total covering most of the island. Mostly this is a driving route (with some optional bits of walking) linked to the trail map.
- Maps of the island, showing recommended routes and main features.
- Sections on visiting some special features of the island.
- Fully illustrated sections on the woodland birds, open-country birds, other land birds, seabirds and water-birds of the island.
- A section on geography and history.
If you would like to order more than 12 books please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any orders for the Britain’s Treasure Island book should be made separately to the Birding in Paradise series. t