Birding in Paradise: Turks and Caicos - Salt Cay
Guide booklets on bird-watching, other natural and historical heritage in the Turks and Caicos Islands were published by UKOTCF and its partner, the Turks & Caicos National Museum, in June 2014.
Birding in the Turks and Caicos is covered in this “Birding in Paradise” series of booklets.
We have been helping governmental and non-governmental conservation organisations in TCI for the last 17 years, and the book authors have been involved personally throughout this period. These booklets describe where to go birding in the Turks and Caicos and where view some of the other heritage features. Each of the 5 books in the series for TCI (of between 48 and 60 pages, with full colour maps and photos) contains:
- Forewords by the TCI Director of Environment and Maritime Affairs (Kathleen McNary Wood) and the TCI Director of Culture (David Bowen).
- Note about supporting conservation of the natural and cultural heritage.
- Introduction about the purpose and nature of the booklet.
- Practical information about getting there, facilities (in more detail for the family islands than for Provo, which has this information available in many other publications), other sources of information etc.
- Heritage and wildlife tours around various parts of the island, in total covering most of the island. On most islands, this is a driving route (with some optional bits of walking) linked to the map (see right). Maps of the island, showing recommended routes (see right) and main features.
- Sections on visiting some special features of each island. Fully illustrated section on the water-birds, land-birds, and sea-birds of each island are either integrated in the tour or included as separate sections.
- A little section on simple geology, which helps understand the landscape.
- A section on geography and history.
If you would like to order more than 12 books please contact us at email@example.com. Any orders for the Britain’s Treasure Island book should be made separately to the Birding in Paradise series.