Britain's Treasure Islands
Separate from the Britain’s Treasure Islands TV documentary series and book (which can be purchased here), 42 “mini-documentaries” have been made using the footage (and often totally unrelated stories) that were not used in the main broadcast series, supplemented by other video and still photography made available without charge by us and some of its partner organisations.
All 42 films are intended as an educational resource and are provided free of charge for all to watch and enjoy (see below). It is hoped that these films will help raise awareness of the wildlife, cultures, history, and heritage of all of the UK Overseas Territories.
The 42 mini-documentaries were created on a tiny budget using funds raised through KickStarter.com, with the help of UKOTCF, and donations from several organisations and individuals. Stewart McPherson sends a big thanks once more to all who helped make these short films possible. UKOTCF supplied information, materials, and comments on early drafts of documentaries in this series. Editorial decisions remained with Stewart.
Mini-documentaries about Wildlife and Heritage in each of the UK Overseas Territories
- Falkland Islands
- South Georgia
- British Antarctic Territory
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Pitcairn Islands
- Cayman Islands
- British Virgin Islands
- Montserrat – bird video in this documentary is by Ann Pienkowski, UKOTCF
- Turks and Caicos Islands – bird video in this documentary is by Ann Pienkowski, UKOTCF, and underwater video by UKOTCF associate member Turks & Caicos Reef Fund.
- Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Mini-documentaries about specific subjects on particular UK Overseas Territories
- Ascension Island – natives and aliens
- Ascension Island – supplying the garrison
- Saint Helena – wirebird conservation
- Saint Helena – plant conservation
- Life on Tristan da Cunha – the World’s Most Remote Inhabited Island
- Tristan da Cunha – the Monster Mice of Gough Island
- Falkland Islands – Jimmy the ex-whaler
- British Indian Ocean Territory – coconut crabs
- British Indian Ocean Territory – seabirds
- British Indian Ocean Territory – underwater
- Pitcairn Islands – Henderson Island’s wildlife
- Life on Pitcairn Island – home of the descendants of the mutineers from HMS Bounty
Mini-documentaries about systematic wildlife groups across all of the UK Overseas Territories
- Mammals of the UK Overseas Territories
- Birds of the UK Overseas Territories
- Marine Life of the UK Overseas Territories